Newfoundland and Labrador - a rare find

Foreign Qualifications Recognition

In most cases, newcomers will need to have their credentials from their home country assessed to see whether any additional training, education, or Canadian work experience is needed before being qualified to work in Canada. Find out about Regulated Occupations in Canada.

It is recommended to have your credentials evaluated before you come to Canada, so that you know what might be involved with qualifying to work in your profession. The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) has information on academic and occupational credentials for all of Canada, and lists many professions and trades, in alphabetical order. The organization does not grant equivalencies or assess credentials; it gives advice and refers newcomers to sources of help.

When visiting the CICIC website, you can select your profession or trade and find a link to the address and telephone number of the professional or trade association, the address and telephone numbers of provincial evaluation services and regulatory agencies, and information related to your profession. Get Started.

The Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FRCO) provides information, tools, path-finding, and referral services on foreign credential recognition to help foreign-trained workers succeed and put their skills to work in Canada more quickly. Get Started.

For more information related to the recognition and assessment of international qualifications in Canada, please see Advancing Foreign Credential Recognition.

Learn more