Newfoundland and Labrador - a rare find
There are a number of programs from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for skilled workers and entrepreneurs. All potential newcomers to Newfoundland and Labrador are encouraged to explore the Provincial Nominee Program to see if the program is right for their circumstances, as it provides one-on-one service and support.
Below are some federal government immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program: Offers permanent residency to skilled professionals based on their ability to contribute to the Canadian economy.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program: Offers permanent residency to qualified skilled trades workers based on their ability to contribute to the Canadian economy.
- The Canadian Experience Class Program: Allows people with Canadian work experience to become permanent residents.
- Start-Up Visa Program: Targets entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build innovative businesses in Canada.
- Self-Employed Persons Program: Brings in people who will become self-employed in Canada.
- Live-In Caregiver Program: Allows qualified individuals to come to Canada to care for children, elderly persons, or persons with disabilities in private homes.
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Allows foreign workers to come to Canada to fill temporary labour and skill shortages.
Please review Working in Newfoundland and Labrador for more information on employment opportunities and recognition of your qualifications.