Newfoundland and Labrador - a rare find


The first step is to select your school and program and apply directly to the university or college. If you plan to live on-campus, you should submit your application for student residence at the same time; do not wait until you are accepted. Once you have been accepted, you can submit your application for a Student Visa directly to the Canadian government.

Before You Come: Student Visa

In order to become a student in Canada, you will require a Student Visa, which you apply for after being accepted to your Canadian educational institution. If you wish to work more than 20 hours per week while studying, you will also require a separate Work Permit.

For information and to apply, please visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada:

Graduate and PhD Students

Graduate-level students may wish to review the recognition of their academic credentials through the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials: Get Started.